We're an online retailer based in Crewe operating across a variety of sales channels with multiple brands. With a focus on the automotive sector, we sell accessories and parts on a variety of sales channels, including our own websites & marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, shipping thousands of orders each week.
We're hugely ambitious and growing fast - hitting triple digit growth every year for the last 3 years – and are now looking for an experienced automotive buyer to join the team.
As Buyer, you’ll be responsible for making sure we’ve got the right product on the shelf at the right time.
Measured on revenue, profitability & stock availability you’ll take full ownership of our product ranges and, alongside the Trading Team, help us to hit our growth targets.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Ordering products for stock and making sure availability is optimised
- Researching & sourcing new product ranges
- Leading new product development
- Negotiating with Suppliers on product pricing and delivery terms
- Maintaining product data
- Liaising with our Operations Team regarding inbound deliveries
- Reporting back to Suppliers with any problems
- Assisting the Trading Team with developing new product strategies by:
- Collating & analysing blended product data
- Reporting on key metrics like sales, margin & stock value
- Providing information on new product ranges or supplier changes
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual who has previous experience in a similar role. Specifics skills we're looking for are:
- Previous experience in a buying role
- Experience in managing supplier relationships
- Good knowledge of importing from oversea suppliers – incl. those in Europe and Asia
- Commercially aware
- Successful negotiator
- A very keen eye for detail and a good head for numbers
- Highly proficient in data management & excel
- Interest in all things automotive
- CIPS/ISM qualification (desirable)
Here's the specifics:
- Job Title: Buyer
- Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
- Pay: Competitive
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (08:00-16:00 Monday to Friday)
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Start Date: ASAP
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Emma Mahon, firstname.lastname@example.org.